The Meal Expert Success Guide
So you're officially a Meal Expert - now what?!
First, watch this short video to get yourself more familiar with all of the new amazing opportunities that you now have at your fingertips:
The 3-Step Guide to Success:
1. Get familiar with the package + the tool --> the first step is loving it yourself!
As an affiliate, you'll get unlimited free access to live and breath whatever you will eventually sell to your audience. Learn it, use it, love it.
2. Choose the right offer to share with your following.
Or, just pitch YOURSELF as an Expert for your followers to join & connect with...
3. Sharing is caring.
Alright, time to put on your sales-cap! Use your special affiliate link and it with your following in an authentic and genuine way - only YOU know how to do this ;)
For a bit of extra help, email our Director of Community Success, Kiki (email@example.com) for more personalized guidance + resources.
Here are some examples that got resulted in $$$ for our affiliates...
Meal Expert: How-To Handbook
First start with creating your public profile - go to your Expert page and under Public Profile hit Edit.
Fill in your details as you see fit. Feel free to pull content directly from your other social media platforms.
When setting up your profile, you have the option to give your page a custom url to make it easy to find your Meal Expert page.
PLEASE NOTE: Your Meal Expert URL must cannot contain spaces, dashes ("-") or any special characters.
Next up: Recipe Collections: Here’s where you can create curated packages of recipes.
Each recipe you add to a collection can either be:
- Original custom content (i.e. a recipe you have ‘Created’ in your Meal Garden Cookbook)
- An emailed in recipe (e.g. a link/picture) sent in to recipes[at]mealgarden[dot]com, which was then added to your Cookbook.
- A recipe found directly within the existing Meal Garden search database.
To create a new Recipe Collection, click ‘Create’ under Recipe Collections (from your Expert page).
Name the collection and give it a description. Now you have 2 options.
- Checking ‘Public’ makes this collection public to anyone who has access to your Meal Expert page. Make sure to only check the ‘Public’ checkbox once you are done with making the collection and are okay with your followers accessing it.
- Checking ‘Restricted’ makes the collection inaccessible to those who are not Meal Garden users. Only Meal Garden users on their trial or paid subscription will be able to actually click into each recipe and get full details. Those who do not have Meal Garden account will be prompted to sign-up if they click into the recipe collection.
To add a recipe to a recipe collection, go to your Cookbook page, and find a recipe you’d like to
add. From there, you have two options:
- Drag and drop the recipe into the right-hand tab that will pop up at the side of your scrollbar with listed collections for you to choose from. Drag it into the appropriate collection.
- Click on the recipe, and then hit ‘More Options…’ and then ‘Add to Collection’. Finally, select the collection you’d like to add this recipe to.
Alternatively, you can simply add a recipe directly from your recipe collection, by clicking ‘Add Recipes’
The other vital element of your Meal Expert offering is, of course, your meal plan guidance.
Again, meal plans can be made utilizing your custom recipes, or simply a collection of those you have hand-picked and curated yourself. To create a meal plan, click ‘Create’ under Meal Plans (from your Expert page/tab).
Meal plans work in a similar fashion to recipe collections, whereby you’ll have 2 options:
- Checking ‘Public’ makes this meal plan public to anyone who has access to your Meal Expert page. Make sure to only check the ‘Public’ checkbox once you are done with making the meal plan and are okay with your followers accessing it.
- Checking ‘Restricted’ makes the collection inaccessible to those who are not Meal Garden users. Only Meal Garden users on their trial or paid subscription will be able to actually click into each recipe and get full details. Those who do not have Meal Garden account will be prompted to sign-up if they click into the meal plan.
- *Note that if you are creating a specific plan for a specific person and would like to share it with them directly/privately, it’s best to keep the collection un-public and unrestricted (i.e. neither boxes checked) and then share the explicit link to that collection with them (e.g. via email).
*It is important to note that as a Meal Expert, you will also have access to our Meal Garden tool as if you are a regular user, which means you can create weekly meal plans via your ‘Schedule’ tab. Remember that plans you make on your ‘Schedule’ page are NOT shareable with your followers, so please take care to check that when you are building plans that you aim to make public, you do so via your ‘Expert’ tab.*
First, you’ll name your plan and give it a description, then save. From there, go to your Expert page, click the meal plan you’ve just created, and hit ‘Edit Schedule’ to start scheduling meals - it’s as simple as that!
To schedule a meal, click on a meal in the calendar and the option to type in a search for a recipe will appear. Choose an appropriate recipe, hit ‘Schedule’ and then you’ll have the option to plan for leftovers [i.e. adding the meal to an additional day(s)] as well as planning “Servings to freeze”. Adding to “Servings to freeze” will add the adjusted additional ingredients to the grocery list attached to the plan, but not schedule the extras into the plan or add the additional servings to the health rating. This works well for things like granola bars, for example, where it might make more sense to make a huge batch and save the leftovers for a following week/the rest of the month.
How Do I Share My Profile With My Customers?
To share your Meal Expert page, click on the share (infinity) icon on the right hand side of your page - copy and paste that link to share with followers. This is what people will see upon clicking that link:
How Do I share My Recipes and Meal Plans With My Customers?
You can share specific Recipe Collections and Meal Plans in a similar way (using the share link accessible on the right hand side of the page).
How Do I Invite Users To Sign Up My Customers to Sign Up For Meal Garden?
To invite people to join you on Meal Garden, use your Affiliate Signup Link (accessible on your Expert page).
Upon opening this link, people will be prompted to sign-up and join Meal Garden via your page. This is what it looks like when people open and share this link:
When users sign up through your page, they'll have an additional tab within their Meal Garden account which leads them to your Meal Expert page.
Meal Experts also have the ability to embed their Expert Pages onto their websites. To do so, click the embed icon on the righthand pane.
From here, you can choose which aspects of your Meal Expert profile you want to embed on your web page, as well as styling attributes. Once you're ready, click "Generate" to receive your embed code.
How Can Users Find Me?
Once you've set up your Meal Expert page with a completed public profile and a sufficient amount of content (i.e. Recipe Collections and Meal Plans), you can submit a request to "go live". Essentially, you will be applying to be listed in our 'My Community' marketplace, as being featured publicly as an Expert with us. To do so, email Kiki: kiki[dot]athanas[at]mealgarden[dot]com to let her know that your Meal Expert page is ready to be "findable" by our Meal Garden users. As long as your content is approved, she will grant you access and you will be searchable for all users via Profile>My Community>Connect to An Expert.