Meal Garden Expert Membership:
Terms & Conditions
By signing up for Meal Garden Expert Membership, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
You will have the ability and are responsible for creating and maintaining their own content including:
• Public Expert profile
• Recipe Collections
• Meal Plans
All the content can be shared with the Expert’s Audience at the Expert’s own discretion.
Meal Garden can update and change the Meal Garden Expert Membership terms from time to time without notice. Any new features will be subject to the Meal Garden Expert Membership terms. Continued use of the Meal Garden Expert Membership after any changes will indicate your consent to such changes.
Violation of the terms below may result in revoking your Meal Garden Expert Membership.
• You must be 18 years or older.
• You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password.
• You may not use the Meal Garden Expert Membership for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
• Content that you upload to your Meal Garden account must not violate any copyright laws and may not be offensive.
Created and Uploaded Content
1. Ownership of content. You are, and will remain, the exclusive owner of all right, title and interest, including, without limitation, all copyright rights to content created using your Expert Membership
2. You grant limited and non-transferable license (without the right to sublicense) to Meal Garden to use your Expert Persona for the purpose of promoting and improving your and/or Meal Garden service. The license is in effect for as long as you have an Expert Account with Meal Garden.
3. Limited License to Meal Garden. If you submit any text, photos, videos, graphics, sounds and other content or material to Meal Garden in connection with this Agreement (each a “Submission”), you agree that you are providing the Submission on a non-proprietary and non-confidential basis. You hereby grant to Meal Garden a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license to use, publish, display, and distribute your Submissions, including making changes to the Submissions as necessary to conform and adapt the Submissions to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media. You represent and warrant that you have the right to grant the license to Meal Garden as provided in this Section. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights, violation of contract, privacy or publicity rights or any other harm resulting from any Submission. You have full responsibility for each Submission, including its accuracy, legality, reliability and appropriateness. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, damages and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Submissions. All Submissions are subject to Meal Garden prior review and approval and Meal Garden retains the right to reject any Submission, in its discretion.
4. Release. You agree that neither you, nor your heirs, assigns, or legal representative will sue, seek damages, make demands or claims of any kind whatsoever against Meal Garden Inc. or its representatives in connection with creation of the Content, for a) any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, or b) related to the images, recordings or materials, including but not limited to defamation, invasion of privacy, or rights of publicity or copyright infringement, or any alteration that may occur or be produced in taking, processing, reduction or production of the finished product, its publication or distribution.
Liability and Warranties
1. Limitation of Liability. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER OF US WILL BE LIABLE TO EACH OTHER FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST REVENUE OR LOST PROFITS, RELATING TO OR ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, AND EVEN IF THE REMEDIES FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
2. Warranties. You hereby represent and warrant that: (a) you have the full authority to enter into this Agreement and that neither this Agreement nor Meal Garden’s exercise of any of its rights hereunder, shall breach any agreement, commitment or undertaking that you have entered into with any third party or require Meal Garden to make any payment or attribution to, or obtain any permission from, any third party; and (b) you are not a signatory to any guild or union collective bargaining agreement or a participant in any other professional arrangement that would prevent Meal Garden from exercising its rights under this Agreement.
Affiliate Expert Payment Program
Section 1 - Customer Designation
You will be paid for any customer that meets the following criteria.
1. They sign up using your unique link and become a paying customer.
2. They link to your account and are a paying customer.
Section 2 - Payment
You will receive 50% of the user’s subscription fee if the user is linked to your account, based on the variables presented in section 1 - Customer Designation, above.
Your payment is calculated every time a customer designated to you makes a payment. Payments are paid before the 15th of every month and are based on your customer designation from the previous month. Payments are only earned if a customer makes a payment.
Section 3 - Discounts
In the event you have negotiated a discount for your customers, this discount will be deducted from your payment.
For example, you negotiated a 25% discount for a group of 10 of your users. The payment would be calculated as follows, assuming a subscription price of 20.00 annually.
- $20.00 annual subscription fee * 10 customers = 200.00 total annual fees
- Payment received = $200 - 25% = $150
- MG Fee = 50% of $200 = $100
- Expert Fee = 25% of 200 (50% - 25% negotiated discount) = $50
A PayPal account is required to receive payments
Payments are paid via PayPal. You are required to have a PayPal account and a working email address associated with your Meal Garden account to receive commission payments via PayPal. We recommend that you use the same email for your Meal Garden account that you use for your PayPal account. You can also add your Meal Garden user email to your PayPal account as a second email.
Meal Garden reserves the right to make changes to the terms of its Expert Payment and Revenue Share Program at any time with or without notice.
The terms and conditions of this Agreement, including without limitation the term, payments, Expert Payment and Revenue Share Program, and scope of license, are confidential and may not be disclosed by either party without the prior written consent of the other. In addition, you will not (i) use any Confidential Information or (ii) disseminate or in any way disclose the Confidential Information to any person, firm, business or governmental agency or department. You shall treat all Confidential Information with the same degree of care as your own confidential information, but in no case shall you use less than reasonable care. “Confidential Information” means any technical and non-technical information related to Meal Garden’s business and current, future and proposed products and services of Meal Garden, including for example and without limitation, Meal Garden’s information concerning development, design details and specifications, financial information, engineering information, customer lists, business forecasts, sales information, marketing plans and business plans, in each case whether or not marked as “confidential” or “proprietary”.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter. This Agreement supersedes any prior agreements or other oral or written communications concerning the subject matter of this Agreement. The laws of the province of Ontario (without regard to its conflict of law provisions) govern all matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement.
Interested in applying? Send inquiries to our Director of Community Success, Kiki, who can be reached directly at email@example.com.